Working with all aspects of day and night time navigation techniques, you will learn how a wide and rarely taught series of navigation techniques and tactics to ensure your future well being. Many people have a heavy reliance on technology for navigation, so we will embrace this, learning how to use it to 100% and then learning what to do when it does not work!
Your expert instructor who has over 30 years of experience navigating in extended expeditions across 5 continents, will provide you with both a analytical and kinesthetic range to tools and techniques to navigate with, no matter what is going on around you.
During the program you will learn all aspects of navigation in a practical, non-theory manner including;
- Navigation tools and there uses
- Maps, Charts and Electrics
- GPS and how to get the most from it
- Feel based navigation in both day and night conditions
- Navigational marking
- When to stop
- Emergency procedures and what to do when it all goes wrong
- Simple accurate navigation – the human compass
- Navigation at night and low visibility conditions
- Emergency mapping
Please bring with you clothes that are suitable for the outdoors and will keep you warm / dry for the entire day. In addition please wear hiking type boots / shoes and bring a packed lunch.
There is the option to stay over for the night with the delivery team in your wilderness shelter, enjoying some fine food, fire chatter and thoughts on future projects and expeditions.